As we are reaching the end of this big event and there are lots of groups that will present their game, the organization decided to take the following actions in order to provide to Game Jam Barcelona @ UPC 2017 its deserved ending:
– We advice the groups to start uploading their games at 15h. Even if this event is supposed to finish at 16.30h, we expect the website to be collapsed at 16h as all countries in Europe will be uploading at the same time. And as we do not want to finish final presentations on Monday, the plan is to finish uploading everything at 17h and start presentations at 17.15-30h. We remind that, after uploading the games, they can still be modified as much as needed until 16.30h. And if the changes are just the description or names, even after this time.
– Presentations will be of 5 minutes maximum, with 1-2 min of preparation. We will display a timer and an alarm will sound when it is just 1 minute left. We will be very strict with this timetable as there are 25 groups approximately, therefore we expect a total 3h of presentation.
– For the presentation, a video is no mandatory. It can be a gameplay or whatever within 5 minutes. We advice though, to record previously a video of about 3-4 minutes in order to have something to show if the game just breaks before the presentation (typical demo effect). As we will have a tight schedule, we will not wait for you to fix your game. Also uploading a video in Youtube or other similar platforms is an extra link to add to the game description in the Global Game Jam page. Finally, if you do not want or could not upload it, you can give it to us in a pendrive, PlayStation 1 CD or other hardware.
– We also advice to do the presentation with your own computer (we will connect it to the projector, be aware that screen resolution may change) if the game is not in a server online, in order to prevent incompatibilities or lack of libraries. If it is not possible, just tell us before 17h and we will put the executables on the projector computer so you can install what is necessary (it runs Windows and Linux).
– Also remember that before presentations, we will send you an online survey so you can evaluate each presenting group, so we can do a ranking with the best games afterwards, divided by categories. If you need to leave before presentations or before they end, just tell us so we can fix the evaluation part.
If you have any other doubt, we are next to the door and we can help you with any solvable problem. Thanks for your collaboration.